Tuesday, May 18, 2010

New blog

I've recently taken up indoor gardening at my apartment in Astoria, NY. I have no experience gardening and thought this would be a manageable way to record the progress of the seeds I've planted. Not really sure how it'll all work and I am new to blogging but I hope to at least post pictures and make notes of anything that seems interesting (i.e., interesting to somebody new to this hobby).
Hopefully, I'll start getting suggestions at some point, so please comment with any ideas or wisdom. I haven't found a definitive website that can help me with some of the questions I have, so any tips are appreciated. The header picture is of the striped Marigolds (
Tagetes patula) I planted only a few days ago, they sprouted within a day and a half.
So far I've ordered all my seeds from Whatcom Seed Company, if you are interested in starting from scratch with your plants or flowers, they are a pretty good place to start. I'll post a list of all the seeds I've planted and the sowing instructions that came with them, then weekly pictures of any sprouted seedlings.

No comments:

Post a Comment